Monday, April 2, 2012

You Have to Start Somewhere

I'm not very good at introductions, so I'll keep this short. In fact, here are some bullet points. Everyone likes bullet points, right?
  • My name is Rachel. I am known in some circles as "Rage." Long story.
  • I am nineteen years old and attending college somewhere where there are cornfields. No crop circles, though, as far as I know.
    (Sheesh, I feel like I'm introducing myself at Girl Scouts or something. "My name is, um...Rachel. I'm eight years old. My favorite flavor of ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough.")
  • I don't slay nearly as many vampires as I would like to.
  • I have been serious about writing for basically my whole life. What I have not been serious about is showing my writing to other people. This blog is, among other things, an attempt to correct that.
  • I write essays. I write rants. I write short plays. I write terrible, terrible fiction. I have no idea which I will post most of. My desk is organized. My thoughts are not.
  • Constructive criticism is not only welcome, but desired. Please, rip this crap apart. If I get defensive, you are free to slap me in the face with a fish.
I think that's it for now. If I think of something else later-- Well, too bad for me. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment